Hotaru Glass Choker Necklace
Light Weight Glass Choker
Secure purchase from Rakuten, Yahoo! Shopping and more.
Length approx. 46cm / Bead diameter approx. 16mm / Total weight approx. 8g
Hotaru Glass / faceted glass beads (clear) / jewelry wire (black) / accessory parts (black)
Recommended for people:
- who like beaches and remote islands.
- who want to feel like they are on a tropical vacation.
- who want to share their memories of the sea with others.
- who couldn't find good souvenirs at a beach resort.
- who want to give cool Japanese gifts to non-Japanese.
Why are Studio Waza accessories so popular?
- High-quality craft and you get to know the face of the artist.
- Lamp work beads are timeless and never get old in fashion trends.
- Luxurious and calm look. Can be worn for both casual and formal situations.
- 30% of the buyers are men. Men love women with traditional jewelry.
- Perfect gifts for your beloved ones. It will be a nice surprise when they know you took the time to look for something special.
Classic Choker Necklace using Jewelry Wire
16mm size Hotaru beads are the best size when you need something light and comfortable. By using jewelry wire, it's extra light and it does not stick to your skin like jewelry chains.
Goes with most fashion styles, T-shirts, dress shirts, and turtlenecks etc. Since this is a short necklace, it's easy to wear with Kimono or Yukata.
- Midnight Blue (glow in the dark)
The most popular color. People think of this one when they hear the name "Hotaru Glass". The deep blue color reminds people of the tropical ocean. The perfect color for memories of the seaside holidays.
- Emerald Green
A rich color like tide pools in Okinawa.
A vivid color like tropical flowers.
- Forest Green
A strong color like rainforests or mangroves.
- Sky blue
A cool color like a clear sky or cold shaved ice.
A cute and gentle color like cherry blossoms or peach petals.
Hotaru ishi (firefly ball) hotaru dama hotal glass gurasu garasu tonbo dama(natural fluorite stones are not materials)
Hotaru Glass beads are popular as a souvenir from Okinawa along with Ryukyu glass. They are the same as the Tonbo glass beads made by Takashi Hirose, and are artisan glass crafts. Glass is melted with a burner using skillful techniques to create beautiful beads with many layers. The method of making is called burner work or lamp work. Venetian glass beads are made in the same way. The feature is that silver leaves are put in the beads during firing, so they reflect light and sparkle.
Since these beads are handmade, the patterns and sizes are unique. Most metal parts used are from Kiwa Seisakujo and Parts Club, major jewelry material suppliers in Japan.
* free shipping within Japan
Birthday gift present Travel Vacation Holiday Christmas Halloween Thanksgiving Valentine's Day White Day New Year's Festival Event Celebration Party Prize Stage Costume Cosplay Model Photo Shooting Graduation Enrollment Simple Kimono Yukata Beach Ishigaki Iriomote Hateruma Miyako Made in Japan Mother's Day Ladies Women's All Season Spring Fall Autumn Winter Summer